Today after staying home all day watching conference I was feeling a little closterphopic, I also realized it was the last Saturday we could leave post until May d/t softball - Tball. So I said, hey who wants to go to I-HOP? Of course, they all started jumping up and down, and so we were on the road at 6:30 for the 40 min. drive to IHOP. We get there and the kids are coloring, Danielle is telling me some huge story about something, and Aedan is throwing stuff all over the restaurant. They were actually being pretty good (I guess the huge lecture in the car helped).
There were these two older men sitting in the booth near us and after they finished one of the men came over to our table and said to me, "You have such a beautiful family. You are doing a great job!". I didn't know what to say, so I said,"Thank You." and blinked back the tears. What a nice man - I am sure he had no idea his kind words made my entire day/week/year!
I feel so blessed I don't have to worry about supporting my family financially. I think of all those single moms out there who do it alone every day. They are working one, two, three jobs trying to makes ends meet, and then trying to be a mom,dad,housekeeper,coach,referee,etc. all at once.
Kudos to all you single moms out there! Just thought I would share that with everyone! Maybe when you see some single mom with all her kids - you can just walk up and say - your doing a great job. Who knows you may just make her day!
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Clanturner
- I am a medical social worker on leave for another 5+ years. I am a proud wife of a wonderful man who gladly serves our country in the military. I have 4 exhausting children who keep me running, laughing, and in touch with fantasy.
5 comments:
That story made me happy!
That is great! You are amazing to take your kids to a restaurant. If there isn't a play place, we don't go unless w/ a spouse. I love that you gave them a lecture before you got there. It completely works when the kids know what is expected of them, unless they are naughty toddlers....
I love when people tell me that. I think they just miss those times. It makes me appreciate each day.
I'm sure it's not easy doing all you do without Dennis coming home every night. I think you're pretty amazing too.
It's not easy being a single mom. I've been there!
You are a great mom and your also great at being positive.
Whenever I feel like complaining because Ryan is working 100 hours a week I think...hey at least he is not in Irac.
Thanks to you and Thanks to D!
Way to go. You are doing a great job. I get stressed and I have my husband home most of the time.
Post a Comment