We made it through the first day of craziness. It started after school as we rushed through homework and got dinner in the crockpot. Then I loaded all 4 munchkins in the car with TaiKwonDo uniforms in the front seat, camera, entertainment for Aedan, stroller, snacks, and water, oh and Baseball gear of course. We start pulling out of the driveway and Danielle announces that Kaitlyn is wearing moccasins to play softball. So I stop - run in the house, grab shoes and socks for KK, and run back to the car. We arrived at the first drop off point at 4:50. I signed the girls in at softball, and then rushed to Cameron's T-Ball practice. (they both started at 5 pm.) I chased Aedan around while Cameron fought with his teammates over who got to pick up the ball - since they don't quite get the my space/ your space, part of the game. Then at 5:40 - it's to the car to change into TaeKwonDo uniform, then run to the graduation (start time 5:45). Luckily a friend is there and agrees to watch Cameron and Aedan, while I run get the girls. I get the girls at 5:55 and as Danielle changes in the car while we are driving - we skid into the parking lot and run into the gym for the graduation. We make it just in time - two kids left until Cameron. He marches up to get his green belt with a big grin. Get a few photos and then breath for a little while until Danielle's turn. Danielle got her much deserved yellow belt. (After fighting with Kaitlyn for over 8 weeks about TaiKwonDo, I finally gave in and let her quit.) Then we load up and head home, have dinner on the table by 7 pm and baths and in bed by 8 pm. Wow - What a day - I crash into bed at 9 pm. It wasn't so bad. I can't wait until we have two games at the same time at different fields and different parts of base. I'll let you all know how that goes. (I couldn't get the new pics off my memory stick, so these are old - Danielle is a yellow belt now - and Cameron a green belt.)
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
First Crazy Day
We made it through the first day of craziness. It started after school as we rushed through homework and got dinner in the crockpot. Then I loaded all 4 munchkins in the car with TaiKwonDo uniforms in the front seat, camera, entertainment for Aedan, stroller, snacks, and water, oh and Baseball gear of course. We start pulling out of the driveway and Danielle announces that Kaitlyn is wearing moccasins to play softball. So I stop - run in the house, grab shoes and socks for KK, and run back to the car. We arrived at the first drop off point at 4:50. I signed the girls in at softball, and then rushed to Cameron's T-Ball practice. (they both started at 5 pm.) I chased Aedan around while Cameron fought with his teammates over who got to pick up the ball - since they don't quite get the my space/ your space, part of the game. Then at 5:40 - it's to the car to change into TaeKwonDo uniform, then run to the graduation (start time 5:45). Luckily a friend is there and agrees to watch Cameron and Aedan, while I run get the girls. I get the girls at 5:55 and as Danielle changes in the car while we are driving - we skid into the parking lot and run into the gym for the graduation. We make it just in time - two kids left until Cameron. He marches up to get his green belt with a big grin. Get a few photos and then breath for a little while until Danielle's turn. Danielle got her much deserved yellow belt. (After fighting with Kaitlyn for over 8 weeks about TaiKwonDo, I finally gave in and let her quit.) Then we load up and head home, have dinner on the table by 7 pm and baths and in bed by 8 pm. Wow - What a day - I crash into bed at 9 pm. It wasn't so bad. I can't wait until we have two games at the same time at different fields and different parts of base. I'll let you all know how that goes. (I couldn't get the new pics off my memory stick, so these are old - Danielle is a yellow belt now - and Cameron a green belt.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Clanturner
- I am a medical social worker on leave for another 5+ years. I am a proud wife of a wonderful man who gladly serves our country in the military. I have 4 exhausting children who keep me running, laughing, and in touch with fantasy.
6 comments:
Wow! It sounds like you handled it perfectly. Although I'm glad I wasn't on the road while you were driving! :)
Way to go on the karate belts!! That is awesome!!
I love, love, love the last photo. That makes me want to sign my girls up for Tai Kwon Do! You are soooooo busy!
You're crazy. Between 4-6 on wed. I had 2 soccer practices, 2 piano lessons and phsyical therapy and thought I'd go nuts. Then YW at 6:30 for Emily. This was nothing compared to what you just did. I can't imagine doing it all alone. You are a wonder woman and deserve a medal or at least a spa treatment.
I'm with Chell about not being on the same road. Crazy! Wait until you have four doing four different sports + guitar and piano. (Not that I'm trying to one-up you because I've never had a day like what you described. You are truly amazing to take that on when Dennis is gone! YOU GO GIRL!!!)
Because your my sister I can say this. YOU ARE CRAZY! I am tired after just reading that. It's to bad EVERYTHING is on the same night. I wish I lived closer to help you:) One great thing is time will go by faster until Dennis gets home...how long has he been gone...
This is good motivation to me that if I ever feel my simple life is busy I will just remember this e-mail and think...I can TOTALLY do this!
You guys are all so funny. I was simply writing to let you all know that I can do this and you make me sound like super woman. It really wasnt' that bad - any of you could have done it. Robin, you do it everyday times 4.
Post a Comment