We have survived almost all of the events Dennis will miss. We just made it through my birthday and mother's day this week. Now it's just Father's Day, and 4th of July. I am sure there are more holidays but I am only counting the big ones. I have been a slacker on my blogging. It has been crazy busy out here in the desert. The sun is shining and I have been enjoying every minute of it. Softball/T-ball is officially over as of yesterday. The kids all did very well. Danielle really did super! She was the catcher and really found a sport she loves. We start TaiKwonDo again next week and swimming lessons as soon as I get the kids signed up. School is out in 2 weeks and then the summer will fly by - hopefully. We are heading up to some cooler weather for a month and then we will be anxiously waiting Dennis' return sometime around the 1st of August. It has been a long hard journey but once again we have almost done it. I find everyday that the Lord will not give me more than I can handle.

To thank me for all my hard work at the gym, my dear sweet husband is taking me to CANCUN! For an entire week. My wonderful sister - Jenni - is flying out to stay with the kids and we are off to an all inclusive adult only resort for 6 days. I can't even express my excitment in writing. You would have to be here to see my daily Cancun Dance to really know the extend of my excitment. The last time Dennis and I had a night together without kids was 10 years ago, and that was for only one night. I so need this!
We are well past the half way mark to Dennis' deployment and I can't help but look back on the past 4 months. The Lord has truly blessed us, and I am so thankful to those who acted on the inspiration they recieved. I will start with my cousin Chellie's super sweet care package she sent not long after Dennis left. It really touch me and the kids loved all the little goodies. I have had friends who have droped by to help with kids or clean up dinner while I get kids to bed. One friend in particular has really helped me a ton. She calls me late at night when I may need some adult conversation, she encouraged me to go to the temple while she watched my kids, and she made sure I went to a special road show the church had that I would have never went to without her insisting. My neighbors have been so great to check on me, watch out for my kids while they run wild through the neighborhood, and just be there when I needed someone to talk to. My sister came and stayed for a week and was such a huge help! I want her to move in! My dad came and watched the boys while mom and I took Danielle on her long awaited Birthday Party to LA. The Daisy scouts made me a fabulous birthday dinner and a birthday cake! My kids made me breakfast in bed on my birthday and made sure I had a super mother's day. The random phone calls from friends all around the world have also meant more than I am sure they realize. All-in-all we have been blessed. 10 weeks or so to go- we are more than half way and so ready to be done. Thank you all for your great comments on my blog. They are always so sweet and make me feel so good. I also have to give a shout to my personal trainer who has helped me to find my true potential and taken me way beyond what I ever thought I could do. Sandy you ROCK!
5 comments:
Wow, you really do deserve a great vacation with your hubby. I am so excited for you. Happy Birthday this past week!
This post just made me happy! You are an amazing girl.
I sent Dennis cards that my Daisies made him a couple of weeks ago at "Camp Camo" where the focus was on soldiers and those serving our country. I hope he got them okay!
Thanks so much for your moving tips. You have no idea how much they have helped already.
Love ya! I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day and Cancun sounds amazing!
I'm so excited for you and your trip to Cancun. I think I will just imagine it happening to me. Jk! You are great Christy. I'm so glad you have such great support.
Tell us about your personal trainer. One day I would love to do that. What is her degree in and what does she do for you? I am so proud of you. Good luck w/ the next 2 1/2 months. I hope they fly by!!
wow, your cousin must be really cool :)
awe, Christy, you are so awesome! I cry just thinking about it. I think of you all the time. Your kids are really lucky to have you for a mom-- not too many women could handle it all like you do!
You are so positive and I can see that hard time totally make us stronger...we should also be thanking you for giving us the opportunity to help. When every I get mad because I feel Ryan is working too late or playing too much playstation I just think of you and get over it fast!
Post a Comment