Turner Family Fun!

Turner Family Fun!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

When it Rains it Pours!


My cousin Robin posted about a bug that bit her family, and I couldn't help but write about this one at our house. My sister, Tiff, was visiting and Cameron had been up all night puking - in fact, he slept in the bathroom with a bucket. (see photo). It was every 30-45 minutes for 6 hours. I coudn't believe he had anything left and then presto more puke. The next morning things were going pretty well, I was sanatizing the bathroom. We had just bathed both puppies and things were looking up. We were all sitting watching a movie, Danielle on the couch, Tiff on the floor beneath her with a dog on each side. Danielle kneels up on all fours and pukes all over the couch, Tiff jumps, but not fast enough before the second strand comes from behind flying all over the floor - hitting Tiff and both,once clean, puppies. Danielle then attempts to fly for the toliet only to splat again in the hallway. Kaitlyn has had enough after watching all this, and has decided she too is going to puke, so she takes off down the hall, only to slip in the puke and land on her back in the hallway. Tiff and I look at ourselves - puke all over us and all over the house, Kaitlyn laying in the hallway covered in puke, the puppies are slurping it up as fast as they can, and we just start laughing. We couldn't stop. It was either laugh or cry. After cleaning for hours, shampooing the carpet, washing the dogs and all the kids, the stench remained. Tiff also got the bug the night before she was suppose to go home, so we got to keep her an extra day. That is how the bug bites my family. BRING IT ON!

10 comments:

Sally said...

Oh my! That is one crazy story. Me and my weak stomach wouldn't be able to handle all of that! Your poor sick kiddos! At least you got to keep Tiff an extra day!

Morgan said...

Oh my gosh! What a day for all of you guys! I would have probably had to laugh (instead of cry) also!

I hope the kiddos are feeling better.

Chellie said...

whoa.. that was quite the story. At least you laughed, because I would have been crying!!

I hope everyone is feeling better!

MiandMiksmom said...

Can I have your attitude please??? We have had the same thing all week. It was one kid, then two days off, then the other, then one free day and then ME! I was so sick...and I didn't laugh, not one bit. Thanks for making me see the glass half full!

Roger That said...

Wow, that bug better be long gone before we come in September! I am so sorry and glad Tiff was there to help!

Super Mom said...

I'm so sorry for all the "yuck".

Nan said...

Ok, can you just say, "Cheaper by the Dozen"? If you haven't seen it, you should b/c that is what I thought of.

So sorry for all that. I'm glad Tiff was there to help you out. One more reason for me not to get a dog.

robin said...

Sorry Christy but did I read right "puppies"? You have two puppies?

Clanturner said...

A little clarification. I have one puppy and Tiff has one puppy. So yes we had two puppies. My puppy is almost a year old, so she is a too big for her own good puppy.

Jill Hatch-Fong said...

Hi Christy-
I loved reading your puke story....that is hilarious. I am sad that we never got together when we were in southern CA. Maybe we will see each other in Utah this summer.
Take Care-
Jill

About Me

My photo
I am a medical social worker on leave for another 5+ years. I am a proud wife of a wonderful man who gladly serves our country in the military. I have 4 exhausting children who keep me running, laughing, and in touch with fantasy.