Turner Family Fun!

Turner Family Fun!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I love to read

I finally finished "The Book Thief" it was good but a hard read. I enjoyed the way the author took a different style, telling the story of a young German Girl by the Soul Taker (grim reaper) during WWII in Germany. I liked the view of life during WWII from the eyes of kind, loving, Germans being stuck in the mix up of Nazi Germany. It was good, it was sad, it was way too easy to put down. This was good since my time is so limited I could easily pick it up for a few mins here and there, but bad because it took me almost 4 months to read it. I didn't like how the author left nothing in suspense. He basically told you what would happen and then you had to wait until it did - already knowing chapters ahead of time that it would. I did read two other books while reading this one. Twilight - which I enjoyed but I need a little more action. Last Man Standing by David Baldacci - a great book (as most of his books are). Did I mention I love to read. I love murder mystery, romance, historical, and uplifting feel good books. I just listened to a Nora Roberts book on tape, and it was pretty naughty. I was all alone in my car and blushing - that is bad. I have read some great Nora Roberts books - this one just wasn't one of her best. I love the Circle Trilogy she wrote. I have several James Patterson and a few Baldacci waiting for me, I am so glad the lazy summer days by the pool have arrived. Happy reading to all my friends!

11 comments:

Sally said...

Oh reading...I miss it so! The only books I can find time to read are usually about a Disney Princess or talking farm animals.

Oh and to answer your question on my blog...a pizzookie is a pizza cookie with ice cream on top. The dough is baked in a pizza pan at a really high heat so the bottom is crunchy and the top is doughy. Mmmmmmmm...scrumptious!

Morgan said...

I just finished reading "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. It was a good read and I am glad its over because it seriously consumed my life! If I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about it...if I was sleeping...I was dreaming about it. I'm sick! :) Its an action/sci-fi novel and I really enjoyed it.

p.s. Pizzookies are SO YUMMY!

Chellie said...

Oh... I love to read, but never seem to have the time... I guess I need to just be better at making the time.

What do you suggest I take to Mexico with me? I need a good lounge-by-the-pool book.

Clanturner said...

Chel, I would recommend any of the Stephanie Meyers - start with Twilight it's the first one. I also just got a new James Patterson - Tuesdays at Tiffany's I think - it's suppose to be great. I also love David Baldacci's Camel Club and The Collectors. If you like murder mystery suspense - James Patterson - nursery rhyme murder mysteries ( along came a spider, cat and mouse, london bridges, etc.) or the Women's Murder Mystery Club is awesome - 1st to Die, 2nd Chance, 4th horseman (I am not forsure on the exact titles but that is the just of it. The series by James Patterson are so addicting - you will have to read them all. Have fun - let me know how Mexico is - I will need tips on what to pack. I probably won't need any clothes, but we may want to leave the room from time to time. (just kidding - hehehehe!)

MiandMiksmom said...

Oh, I totally agree with your review of "The Book Thief."

I JUST started reading James Patterson books (I hope that's right) but the Sunny Randall series. My dad left one at my house and I blew through it and got two more from the library thinking they would last the week in the hotel, and they were so good I finished them in the first two days!

You need to read Ann Rinaldi's young adult historical fiction novels. I just re-read "The Coffin Quilt." Read it and tell me what you think.

MiandMiksmom said...

I just saw your last post. You look amazing. I am proud of you!

On another note, Dennis just sent my troop the most amazing flag and certificate. It flew over one of the buildings in Iraq. I cried when I opened it. I am making color copies of it all for all the girls. Also, WE NEVER HAD A FLAG. I had to use a tiny one that kids wave on the 4th of July to say the Pledge to, and now we have a beautiful one with so much meaning.

Nan said...

I am reading The Host right now but I have no time. I started re-reading the first series to get me ready for the 4th book in August but my time is almost gone and I can't even keep up w/ book club books. I wish I could just read for a week w/o interuptions.... not going to happen! I'll take your suggestions.

P.S. I picked up a Nora Roberts and it was naughty so I ended up skipping most of it... I don't remember her being that way.

Chellie said...

Thanks Christy! I wrote down the books you suggested and will hit Barnes and Noble tomorrow while Jak is at preschool. I'll decide on a couple and let you know!

Tauna said...

You do love to read. I can think of several times when all us cousins got together and there you were with a book in your hand. I love it!

Dave Riddle said...

All of you women should give Cassidy, by Lee Nelson a try.
I think I've read it 4 times already.
It's not that Nora Roberts and Vampire smut y'all are used to reading but It could do you some good.:)

robin said...

a little update please! (: not on your books but on life in general

About Me

My photo
I am a medical social worker on leave for another 5+ years. I am a proud wife of a wonderful man who gladly serves our country in the military. I have 4 exhausting children who keep me running, laughing, and in touch with fantasy.