We took the family to Las Vegas and stayed at the Excalibur. We went to the shark reef at Mandaly Bay, it was very cool. Then got up and put Dennis in a taxi to the airport. I couldn't torture myself with the whole airport scene and stress. It was way way way sad, but we survived, and then went to St. George for some recommended "Retail Therapy". It was great! Grandma and Grandpa watched the kids and my mom and I hit the sales. It was sooo much fun. So now we are home and settling into another episode of Life in the Military. I am still looking for the off button on the 5 pm alarm in my head, you all know the one that goes off around 5 pm and dad usually comes home and helps before you kill the children. When I can figure out how to turn it off - I will be much better. The kids and I made up our menu for the rest of the month. It's going to be pretty fun, each kid gets a night and then we agree on the rest. Looks like Mac and Cheese for Danielle, Pizza and Chicken nuggets for Kaitlyn, and potatoes with gravy for Cameron. Aedan likes anything that he can throw across the room. He has stopped eating and now just throws his food.
The Grease memories were so great! I must tell everyone a big secret. I secretly loved Cha Cha. I even tried very hard to find a dress just like the one she wore at the Prom for my Junior Prom. No such luck. The Bulkley family will be performing the musical at the next Christmas eve party. We will video it and send you all a copy. Maybe we could have a contest and see who could do the best one. Love ya all! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers I need them.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Clanturner
- I am a medical social worker on leave for another 5+ years. I am a proud wife of a wonderful man who gladly serves our country in the military. I have 4 exhausting children who keep me running, laughing, and in touch with fantasy.
5 comments:
Not only is Dennis in our prayers but so are you & the kids. You are one strong woman!
The five o'clock alarm goes off in my head at 4 am. I wake up and then can't go to sleep knowing the alarm clock will be going off at 5:00 so I just go crazy until I fall back to sleep around 6. Sleeping pills is the only way around it to get you back on track and then you can go off them. It takes about a week.
I knew you were a Cha Cha. Always the one to still the boy. Our next reunion we need to put it on. Maybe a few times so we can all be our own character. Good Luck!!!
Oh, it can't be a Bulkley thing...I want in too!!!! Seriously, what fun memories!
As for Dennis...I just want you to know how grateful we all are to him and to your family. You will all be in our prayers.
I can't imagine how hard it is to not have that break at night...someone else to bathe the kids or read stories or brush teeth...even a couple of nights a week. You are a strong woman. you have a great family!
I love the menu too! I want to eat at your house!
Ok I'll let it slid this time since you took Dennis to the airport but I don't want to hear anymore trips to Vegas without giving me a call.
You know we will keep you all in our prayers and I don't know how you do it but if you ever need a break come and visit. The boys would love to see those "German girls".
As for Cha Cha I do have to agree she was hotter than Rizo but had such a small role. I only liked to be Cha Cha if we were only acting out the dance. That girl had some moves!!!
Okay, maybe I am a little emotional today, but I love you guys! How many people are this close to their cousins. Let's get that reunion planned.
Hey Christy-- Why don't you and I plan a reunion for July? It would be so fun!
You know, I'm not too far from you... when the kids have a long weekend from school-- come and stay with me, let me help you out-- I'll watch the kids and send you over to the mall :)
I love ya Chris! You are so strong! It's okay to be emotional-- you should be! You, Dennis and the kids will be in our prayers.
Post a Comment