Turner Family Fun!

Turner Family Fun!

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year, Big Changes

We made it through Christmas. We got to go on a quick trip to S. Utah. We saw my sisters, Sherrie and Suzanne, the kids got to spend some time with their cousins which they adore! They played outside in the snow and the 12 degree weather for hours. Dennis and Josh went rabbit hunting, and the girls got to watch/act out Grease and Grease II. We also got to spend the night in St.George with Grandma and Grandpa. That was really fun. Grandpa is doing a little better than Thanksgiving and Grandma still acts like she is 20. Dennis and I were able to go to the temple which was very special. Dennis will be taking on his big new job assignment in 7 days. Prayers are welcome! We wish everyone a Happy 2008!!! I read that 2008 is the year to renew - to get done all that has been left behind or uncompleted in the years past. So I am taking this seriously and will be tackling all those unfinished projects.

6 comments:

MiandMiksmom said...

Dennis is an amazing man and we are so grateful for all he is doing to serve all of us here in this great country!

I can't believe the girls danced to Grease. Remember when me and you always got stuck being the two lame girls tapping their toes on the side because Debbie and Sandy always got to be the leads? I seem to remember a few years later (after the leads went to Robin and Nan) that we moved into those shoes and Chell, Sherrie, Suzanne, Jenni, Tiff, Steph, Cindy and Jamie were all the lesser parts...it pays to be old, I guess.

Clanturner said...

By, the girls, acting out Grease, I was referring to the big girls. Sherrie, my mom, and I! The little girls were all hooked up with highschool musical (a much cleaner version of Grease). I can't believe how sexually oriented Grease is, I had no idea as a child. No wonder Aunt Judi kept turning it off when we watched it. I will always be Rizo at heart - even if Robin and Nan had to fight over Sandy.

Nan said...

Oh my heck! I was reading this to Eric saying I couldn't believe you were letting all your little girls act out Grease. I was just telling some friends about this. But after watching Hairspray, I am now Judi. I can't believe what little sick jokes people can come up with to put in these movies~although I love that movie!
Man those were the days. Did we always have two Sandy's? Because I don't remember being anyone else. We now have that problem with Christmas eve acting out the nativity scene. It must be a Roe thing!
Good luck to you guys! Tell Dennis we are proud of him and you too!

robin said...

just to clear things up a bit. i think it was christy and I who fought over rizo. I even remember settling for the scanky girl danny took to the dance once because christy wouldn't let me be rizo. aren't we glad that we get a chance to grow up and realize that it doesn't matter if your scanky the whole movie or good and just turn scanky at the end, they both get the same punishment. right?

Roger That said...

Gotta love Grease!!! It the Tebbs family musical. I bet we could take it to broadway! I get to Sandy... of course. Love your blog. It looks so cute:)

Chellie said...

Christy- that is totally true... when I was a little girl I had no idea what Grease was really saying... :) I always wanted to be and was ChaCha. Actually, Sherrie and I fought over who got to be ChaCha. :) I never wanted to be Sandy. I remember making Jenni be... hmmm.. was it Patty and her dress gets pulled up over her head and Jenni started to cry... sorry Jenni, it was cute!!

Such a fun fun memory!!

We love Dennis and we love our country. Our prayers are with you, Dennis and your children-- now and always. Love ya girl!

About Me

My photo
I am a medical social worker on leave for another 5+ years. I am a proud wife of a wonderful man who gladly serves our country in the military. I have 4 exhausting children who keep me running, laughing, and in touch with fantasy.