Turner Family Fun!

Turner Family Fun!

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

100 things about me. (25 at a time) Part IV

76. I love it when my little Aedan does something wrong and then comes and shows me what he did with that smile, like he is saying, "Look at what someone did?" or "I have no idea how that happened?"
77. I give my weight too much credit. I blame everything on it. Maybe that is why I can't lose it b/c I would have to find another scapegoat.
78. I haven't even finished Chaunette's first challenge of the 100 things and now she has another one, so I am going to add it to my first. So the next 8 things are the questions Chaun posted on her blog.
79. Where was I 10 years ago? I had just had Danielle, we had bought our first home, and life was so simple then.
80. Where was I 1 year ago? We were living in Germany, getting ready to move back to the big USA, and we were planning our final vacation to Holland.
81. What are my 5 favorite snacks? I am not really sure. I love nuts, pringles, yogurt, sushi, and of course chocolate.
82. What is 5 things I would do if I was a millionaire? 1. Get out of debt. 2. buy my dream house. 3. buy an Antique store. 4. go to Europe and buy tons of antiques to put in my store. 5. TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL (Greece and Ireland would be first)
83. What are my 5 bad habits? 1.emotional eating 2. yelling at my kids. 3. picking the skin on my the sides of my fingers. 4. Not cleaning up one mess before I start making another one. 5. only being able to do one thing at a time. (reading a book - can't do anything until I finish it.)
84. What are 5 things I like doing? 1. making cards. 2. walking. 3. reading. 4. watching my TV shows without commercials. 5. shopping with my sisters and my mom.
85. what are 5 things I would never wear again? 1. shear white shirt with a colored sports bra underneath. 2. leggings with babydoll dresses (not at all flattering on me) 3. blue and white striped socks that went up to my knee with a red miniskirt and blue shirt. 4. one piece jumpers - not overalls the jumpers that zip up the front that are pants and a shirt all in one piece. 5. bikinis
86. My 5 favorite toys? 1. ball blower by playskol. 2. Kitchen Aide Mixer. 3. Jogging stroller. 4. high capacity washing machine 5.Garmin running watch.
87. I am so glad that that just used up 8 - really 10 things.
88. I love to take pictures - I just wish I was better at it.
89. I am very forgetful - I don't have a camera that works right now because all the batteries are dead - I keep forgetting to charge them. I lose my keys daily.
90. I am 50 pages behind on the Hinkley Challenge.
91. I love to read books with Danielle - I just wish I had more time to read with her.
92. I read for 20-30 minutes everynight with each of my kids. That makes bedtime quite long. I start with Cameron at 7:00, Kaitlyn at 7:30, and then Danielle at 8:00. Danielle and I usually read longer than 30 minutes. Aedan and I read in the daytime. It is hard and doesn't always happen but I have noticed a big difference in their reading at school since we started doing this at the beginning of school this year.
93. I just did the stupidest thing and signed up all three of my kids for soft ball - cameron -tee ball. How am I ever going to go keep up with three practices and three games a week? Oh and they also do TaiKwonDo twice a week. Am I crazy or what?
94. Am I finished yet?
95. My husband is my ROCK. I lean on him when I am tired, I talk to him when I am frustrated (he just listens), and sometime I need him to hit me in the head when I am stupid. Obviously he wasn't here to hit me in the head over the softball thing.
96. I wrote 210 reasons why I love my husband and sent them with him to Iraq. He opens one a day while he is gone.
97. Just over 2 years ago I couldn't even think of 10. That is how much our relationship has grown the last few years.
98. I truly believe we have to have the bad times to appreciate the good times.
99. I hate the bad times.
100. I AM SO OUT OF THINGS TO WRITE. Sorry this was so lame - but I AM FINISHED!!!

9 comments:

MiandMiksmom said...

That was not lame...that was awesome! I can't believe the softball thing...what in the world will you do? Maybe you can get parents on each of the teams to take your kids and you can stay home!

robin said...

I'm impressed. As you can see I didn't accept this challenge. Good job reading to your kids!

Morgan said...

Fun!! I think everyone should have a blog to keep in touch with!!

Tiff said...

Great job finishing all 100 things! It was fun to hear all that about you and your family. Have a fun softball season! The kids will love it.

Nan said...

What is the Hinckley challenge? The Book of Mormon? You are awesome to read to your kids so much. They will always remember that.
I love the sheer shirts w/ the sports bra. One of my cutest shirts was black and white polka dots that was sheer. I forgot all about those. Oh, the ugly trends that we thought were cute!

Clanturner said...

Nan I think the white sheer shirt that I was referring to was actually yours! That is so funny. I remember wearing it and I was embarrassed at Institute that I wore my jacket all day and it was way hot. I just didn't look as good in it as you did. The hinkley challenge is to read the BoM in 97 days starting on the day Prs. Hinkley died. I am only 30 pages behind now - I usually catch up on the weekend and then fall behind during the week. go to www.hinkleychallenge.com - the link is on my blog.

Tauna said...

baseball season is always so busy! tp me baseball means spring is near! This was way fun learning more about you. It wasn't lame at all. I'm impressed that you came up with 100 things. I'd have to think long and hard about this one before i could do that! We missed seeing you at your sister's shower. You and your sista's are so fun!!

Roger That said...

So cute! That is totally you. I loved reading that. I hope I can get mine done. I also love shoping with our sisters and mom. We have such a great time together. Can't wait to live closer. I miss you!

Nan said...

Oh my heck, I laughed so hard at your comment. We were just like sisters. Robin and I could never remember who bought what. But that was a dang cute shirt. Not sure if I'd wear it to institute though. Maybe now w/ the shade shirts.

Hope to see you next week. You better not drive through w/o stopping. We'll feed you lunch and tend your kids while you relax before going on.

About Me

My photo
I am a medical social worker on leave for another 5+ years. I am a proud wife of a wonderful man who gladly serves our country in the military. I have 4 exhausting children who keep me running, laughing, and in touch with fantasy.