51. I wish I would have stopped at 50.
52. I hate that when I go to the hospital I get treated like crap until they find out who my husband is and then they are all bending over backwards for me. Not that I don't like the special treatment but I think everyone should be treated as if their husband was the Chief of the Anesthesia Department. Why can't we all just be nice to everyone all the time?
53. I am so thankful for the Holy Ghost, who guides and directs me every day.
54. I am so thankful for all the wonderful people who have done so much for me since Dennis left.
55. I am going to buy a CostCo membership this week.
56. I am not allowed to have candles. I have nearly burned down several homes d/t candles, did you know if you set a candle too close to mirror, the heat will actually crack the mirror in half? If you set a candle on the back of a toilet, make sure there isn't a really neat dried flower swag hanging above it.
57. I actually started my house in Washington on fire. I was heating oil to make taquitos and I forgot about it and the pan started on fire so my smart husband covered the fire with the kitchen rug, but forgot to turn off the burner - so the rug also started on fire and then cabinets and the fridge. It was pretty exciting.
58. My renters insurance is awesome. My kids colored on the walls in Germany and d/t the paper textured wallpaper there they needed to repaint the entire house, so I called my renters insurance and they paid for most of it.
59. I think being a mom is the hardest, worst paid, most exhausting job in the world.
60. I think people should have to take a class before becoming parents (I don't think I would have passed the class)
61. I hate husbands who say mean things to their wife's, like - you are fat, when are you going to lose weight, you have big legs, etc.
62. I am so glad my husband is not like that. He would never say anything mean to me. (I guess he knows better, I'd probably shoot him)
63. Being a mom has it's good benefits too, I just can't think of any right now - maybe in the next 25.
64. I have kissed so many boys, I don't even truly have a clue how many. That is sad - my daughters better not be like me.
65. I use to drink in college for liquid courage. That was soooooo stupid.
66. I have never smoked a cigarette. I think I have always known I would be totally addicted after one puff.
67. I hate cigarette smoke - I hate that most people who smoke are totally selfish and inconsiderate of those around them. Kaitlyn has asthma and I have had to ask many people to please refrain while she is nearby.
68. I am so thankful that my mother-in-law understands my dislike for cigarette smoke and tries so hard to make us feel welcome at her house by not smoking while we are there.
69. I hate the wind here! It blows so hard and so much - they call the wind Mariya - well I call it *#*!!**^.
70. There are many days I stay in my workout clothes all day. Today will probably be one of them since I am blogging instead of showering right now.
71. I know Heavenly Father gives us the kids we have for a reason, and should be honored that He would think I could handle the ones I have. I just wonder if He made a mistake.
72. My children are artists- Aedan has decided the world is his canvas - including my walls, furniture, his toys, sisters, etc.
73. I switched from diet coke to diet Pepsi because Pepsi is 50 cents cheaper for a 12 pack.
74. I don't like diet Pepsi as much as diet Coke; therefore, I have cut my soda intake in half since my big switch.
75. I had to pay $18 in late fees when I picked up Cameron from preschool last week because I was 18 minutes late. They didn't even care that I was walking my dog and looked at my watch and I was about 2 miles from my house and it was 7 minutes after. Good thing my friend lived nearby and let me take her van to go and get him.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Clanturner
- I am a medical social worker on leave for another 5+ years. I am a proud wife of a wonderful man who gladly serves our country in the military. I have 4 exhausting children who keep me running, laughing, and in touch with fantasy.
5 comments:
This was a great read! You are awesome!
I was laughing out loud on most of these! #57 was hilarious... especially as I pictured it happening.
I totally agree with #67. Ryker has asthma too and it's a big deal for him to be around cigarette smoke. I know how you (and Kaitlyn) feel about that!
DP is the only way to go! :) I really don't like DC at all. That is so funny about your big switch!! Maybe you'll learn to like it! :)
Are you serious about the late fees? I have a serious complaint about people who are always late b/c they would rather have others waiting for them instead of wasting their precious time. But come on, there are times that can't be helped. Like blow out diapers right before you have to pick up kindergarteners.
Love your fire stories. We always had renters insurance and not once did we use it. So I'm glad you got to.
And you were quite the scammer! Funny though that you have no idea how many!
Nan - dead serious about the late fees. It's $1 per minute. Dennis had to pay $10 once and then I had to pay $18. I guess that is good that we have only been late twice.
I am glad that you didn't stop at 50 and impressed that you can write about 50 things. I just don't think I could do it. The $18 is making me laugh, it seems a little crazy. Maybe I should start charging the parents in my class too. I could maybe retire early. I could even make more if I charged them for the minutes they were late to class too.
Post a Comment