Turner Family Fun!

Turner Family Fun!

Sunday, February 24, 2008

100 things about me. (25 at a time) Part II

26. I love to makes cards and scrapbook, I just hate to pull everything out and then clean it all up before I am finished. Someday I will have a huge Christy's Craft Room with a door that locks. Then I can lock myself in and lock kids out when needed.
27. I love old things.
28. I love antique furniture, and new furniture that looks antique.
29. Some day I hope to have a house to fit all my old stuff, and furniture in.
30. I would love to start selling stuff on ebay, but I am afraid I will sell everything I own. When we have garage sales Dennis has to hold me back from going and getting more stuff from the house, because I could make money.
31. I can't do anything half way - it's all or nothing. This is why I can't work and be a mom - I have to put all my energy into one project at a time, and work would probably win.
32. Most of the battles I choose not to fight may appear to be battles worth fighting in other peoples eyes. i.e. what my kids wear to school.
33. I hate dog hair and the smell of dogs. Since I got out voted on having a dog and it's too hot to make her live outside, I bath her once or twice a week, and vacuum 2-3 times a day. I also bought a steam cleaner I use once a month. She is not allowed on the furniture, but the other day I caught her on my bed and had to wash all the bedding. As if 4 kids isn't enough!
34. I hate cats! I am also allergic to them - I get a hairball in my throat when I am around them and I can't breath. I call them hairballs with an attitude.
35. I hate Mr. Bean, but laugh every time I watch him. I just want to beat his head in about half way through the movie.
36. I love to exercise. My dog and I walk a ton, but since that wasn't really helping I added the gym twice a week, and when that wasn't really helping as much as I would like, I added the Firm aerobics three times a week. So now I walk about 2 miles a day, go to the gym twice a week for cardio and weights, and then I do the Firm 3 times a week. This is week two of my program and I have lost 3 lbs. but the best part is I lost 4 inches. I just hope I still love to exercise after doing this for a few more weeks.
37. I invented a great salad for the late night sweet tooth. It's spinach, spring salad mix, sunflower seeds, craisins, and coconut - topped with the Raspberry vinaigrette spritz. YUMMY!
38. I love to go to lunch with my friends.
39. I loved the German Flea Markets.
40. I love to go shooting pistols with my husband.
41. I am a very good shot with my pistol, and if anyone broke into my house they would be dead. I want to put a sign on my front door that says, I have a gun, I know how to use it, I shoot to kill, should you enter without being invited, You have been warned.
42. I am making my children all t-shirts that say My Daddy, My hero with a picture of their dad on them.
43. I sell Close to My Heart stamps just to get the discount because I love the stuff so much.
44. I hate that my husband bought a pure bred, silver lab, that had to be shipped from one of the few breeders in the world, instead of going to the dog pound or Pet Trader and finding a nice dog who was well trained and needed a good home.
45. I love to read with my kids.
46. I also love to read without my kids. I love James Patterson, David Baldacci, and some Nora Roberts.
47. I love to country dance, but my husband doesn't know how - we keep planning on taking lessons but in 11 years it hasn't happened yet.
48. I love to snow ski, my last two years of college, winter quarter I only had classes on M-W-F, so I could ski every Tue and Thurs.
49. I love doing fun craft projects with my kids, but I hate the mess it makes, so I tend to not do it as much as I should.
50. I love my DVR (Direct TV Recorder thing) I can watch CSI, Criminal Minds, Law and Order, CSI NY, Without a Trace, Cold Case, Moonlight, Ghostwhisperer, etc. anytime I want, without commercials. It is awesome! I usually do laundry once or twice a week and I just sit and watch as many shows as I can while I fold clothes.

10 comments:

Tiff said...

More fun! I hope you get those dance lessons soon and your craft room. Looking forward to more!

robin said...

I'll be sure to knock when I come to visit. j/k ;) My e-mail is lvmarshall@embarqmail.com I'll be looking for a good hairdresser for you. I don't really commit to one hairdresser. I don't know why. Anyways Nan is planning on coming for Spring Break so you should totally come and join the party!

Chellie said...

I am the same way when it comes to #26 and #33!! I realized how much a dog can irritate the crap out of me... You can bathe a dog every day, they still will have a dog-smell.

I'm with you on having one job! It's all or nothing! I think it would be very hard to manage a full-time job and have children. You will be blessed for being such a good mother to your children.

I love the t-shirt idea! Post pictures when you are done!!

MiandMiksmom said...

The salad sounds fabulous, and I love your idea of your gun sign...better than any alarm system for sure!

Nan said...

ooh, Nora Roberts, naughty. Didn't you also read Daniel Steele? JK!

Country dancing was so fun. The other night Eric & I were at a Valentines party and had to right down when we first met. Eric said it was when we went swinging w/ him and Brew. Did they pay? This is a constant disagreement amoung us. I remember meeting them on top of their deck but can't remember if we met them before this.Enlighten me!

Clanturner said...

Nan,
I don't remember. I thought it was when we were walking around at the apartment complex they lived in and we saw Eric outside or something. So we went in and talked to him. I had been telling him my hot cousin was coming home from her mission soon, so I think already was in love with you before he actually met you. I guess he figured if you were my cousin and hot - that was too good too be true. I don't remember even going dancing with them.
The only Nora Roberts I have read is the Vampire triology - I think it's called morigans circle or something. I didnt' know they were naughty. I have a bunch of her books I just haven't had a chance to read yet. I will have to get started on them if they are naughty. I use to love Danielle Steele but then I got my own sex life, and I realized her books were so unrealistic it was sad.

Nan said...

We went swinging w/ them before my mission and I also played tennis before. I just couldn't remember exactly how. I guess I'll have to trust Eric. But I would love anothers opinion on who paid for the dancing. So if it comes to you, let me know.

I use to read Nora Roberts and then didn't for a long time and picked up one and it was 2/3 sex. It was very steamy. But I prefer mystery, adventure or historical fiction.

Mandy and Kalen said...

Christy-

Hey! Its Mandy! I was wondering if you have a web site where I can order some stamps from you?!? I LOVE the free stuff I got from my baby shower!

If you wanna take a look at my blog its kalenandmandy.blogspot.com
I got yours from Sally's blog!

Your kids are getting SO big! Let me know when you guys are in Panguitch again!

Nan said...

Christy, I really think you should wait on your hair appt. until the week of march 17 so we can see you. We will be there the whole week.

robin said...

let's get on with it I'm dying to read 51-75!!!!

About Me

My photo
I am a medical social worker on leave for another 5+ years. I am a proud wife of a wonderful man who gladly serves our country in the military. I have 4 exhausting children who keep me running, laughing, and in touch with fantasy.