Turner Family Fun!

Turner Family Fun!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

FYI


Just wanted to let everyone know that if a 21 pound, 18 month old gets into your purse and opens the childproof Extra Strength Excedrin Migrain bottle - it takes 5 pills to cause alarm; however, if you did not watch how many he actually ate and although you are 99% sure that the chalky residue on his chin was simply from the one he bite into and then quickly spit out, you will need to go to Emergency Room and have an IV stuck in his arm, a vial of blood drawn out and then wait for 2 hours for the results of the lab work, to confirm that there is indeed no drugs in his system. What a fun Friday!

3 comments:

robin said...

That's awful Christy! I once found dustin with my dad's sudafed. But as I was talking to poison control I found the lost pills in the pocket of his overalls. Sorry, you had to go to the er but glad he's ok.

Nan said...

What is up w/ those child proof lids? Just yesterday Adam brought me a bottle of benedryl he had opened and wanted some! I have no idea how he got the lid off. I was sure he didn't take any b/c I knew that it was almost gone but what a scary thing! Sorry, I can't imagine dealing w/ that in your situation! Good luck!

Chellie said...

oh sheesh! That's scary... makes me want to lock up all the meds! :)

Poor little guy and poor momma to have to spend the day at the ER. I'm glad everything ended up okay though!

About Me

My photo
I am a medical social worker on leave for another 5+ years. I am a proud wife of a wonderful man who gladly serves our country in the military. I have 4 exhausting children who keep me running, laughing, and in touch with fantasy.