Turner Family Fun!

Turner Family Fun!

Saturday, February 23, 2008

100 things about me. (25 at a time)

1. I hate how the military treats soldiers and their families.
2. I get nervous every time we have to move, but end up loving the new place as much as the last.
3. I love that I have friends all over the world, but hate that my kids can't really have a good friend b/c one of us always moves after a few years.
4. I love that d/t #3, my kids are each other's best friend.
5. I love and hate having a dog all at the same time.
6. I hate that I am wasting time on the computer when my house is a mess.
7. I like having a clean house, and I finally realized the only way that can happen if I hire a maid. So I did, and my house is really clean for about 2 days after she comes and then it's messy again until she comes the next time.
8. I cut my finger open so bad yesterday I had to use dermabond (medical version of superglue) to put it back together. After I was finished gluing, my teeth started floating and I thought I was going to puke. I had to lay down before I passed out. That was a lot of blood.
9. Blood doesn't bother me, but puke is the worst thing ever. I would rather rush a kid to the hospital with his head gashed open to the bone than clean up throw-up.
10. I think my husband gets sexier the older he gets. I am way more attracted to him now than I was when we got married.
11. It amazes me how you can love something/someone so much and then find out 10 years later you love them even more, when you thought you could never love anything more and you do. (that doesn't really make sense, but you know what I mean)
11. I love to cook and my sexy physic shows it.
12. My kids are terrors, I just hope they all survive until they are 18.
13. Every time I fail as a mother, I just add a few bucks to their therapy fund.
14. Retail Therapy is the best way to overcome stress, but it tends to add more stress in the long run, but during the therapy session I feel great. I should just shop like crazy to feel better, and then take it all back a few days later.
15. Lately I have just told the Lord to bring it on! I can handle it. Since every time I just seem to get it all together it all falls apart, I figure just bring it on let's just see how much superwoman can handle!
16. I want a new choice for president. It worries me that one of the candidates will be running this country. Is the end really that close?
17. I am determined to see Austria, even if Austria doesn't want me. While in Germany I had planned a vacation to Austria 3 different times, Hotels books, the whole works, and something always happened that kept us from going.
18. I want to spend a few weeks in Ireland someday soon.
19. The Netherlands is by far my favorite vacation spot - Germany, Belgium, and Italy were also very fun. Paris was cool but not really on my top 10. San Antonio is #1 for the U.S. except Lake Powell with the Bulkley gang, but that isn't really traveling.
20. I love to travel! hopefully one day I will be rich enough to travel for a month every year.
21. Being rich is not determined by how much money you make, it's how much money you have.
22. People that know everything bug me.
23. The fattest I have ever been was while pregnant with Aedan and I had gained over 100 lbs since I got married. I still have 65 to lose.
24. I am done having children. Emotionally I think two was my limit but I pushed it to four and now I am way beyond my mental capacity. Although my last two are so much fun - maybe because I am a little insane now.
25. The Autobahn in Germany was awesome. It was so nice to determine your speed by how late you were, and not have to worry if that white car coming the opposite direction is a policeman. The U.S. could never have an autobahn d/t the following rules all Germans follow:
1. absolutely NO passing on the right - no matter what!
2. Never slow down to let someone in your lane of traffic from an on ramp. You move over or they wait- slowing down to let someone in - is very dangerous (especially when the guy coming behind you is probably doing 120 mph).
3.Diesels can't drive at night or on the weekends, and they can only go 100 kph (65 mph)
Well, there's the 1st 25 - more to come!

8 comments:

Tiff said...

That was fun! I can't wait to read the other 75. Whenever you want to go to Austria just give me a call. I am there with you, I loved it there! We could always just 'stop off' in Ireland too.

robin said...

Shout out for the cleaning lady, Yippee!!!! love mine. And I want to go traveling with you when kiddos are grown.

MiandMiksmom said...

You are so cool...I started trying to remember the ones I had to comment on, but there were too many...I loved them all! I love how down to earth and honest you are...can't wait for the next installment!

Chellie said...

I loved those too! They weren't just basic, but so cool and interesting! 14 and 15 made me laugh out loud!
Retail therapy sounds great to me... never thought about it until you mentioned it! :)

Tauna said...

wow- I'm learning so much about you!! ouch about the finger- hope it's healing quickly! and about the maid.... I'm jealous! when she's done at your house send her my way please!!!!

Nan said...

So do you have your maid do it all? Sandee wouldn't let her maid clean up anything of her kids.
You are definitely a world traveler. I want in on the trips too. I listened to Patience (guns n'roses) while reading this and remembered all those fun times in Panguitch. You are just as opinionated as you were way back that~and that's a good thing, it makes me laugh.

Clanturner said...

My maid only cleans my bathrooms, the floors, and dusts. The kids have to have their rooms all cleaned before we comes. I also have to have the rest of the house all clean before she comes. She doesn't pick up or move anything. It's good b/c it gets the stuff done that I never have a chance to get to and the kids think if their rooms aren't clean she will just throw everything away. The night before she comes I am crazy cleaning things up and wondering why I have her, and then after she leaves the next day, I sit back and say - WOW!

mommy to six J's said...

I agree my hubby gets sexier every year thanks for sharing stop by and say hi any time char

About Me

My photo
I am a medical social worker on leave for another 5+ years. I am a proud wife of a wonderful man who gladly serves our country in the military. I have 4 exhausting children who keep me running, laughing, and in touch with fantasy.